+ Q. WHEN BUYING A HOME. WHAT COSTS SHOULD I EXPECT?
A. We're here to guide you through the whole process. We’ll help you prepare financially by giving you a heads up on what to expect.
- Lender fees include charges for loan processing, underwriting, preparation + establishing an escrow account.
- Third-party fees include charges for insurance, appraisal + home inspections.
- Government fees include deed recording, state mortgage taxes + local mortgage taxes.
- Escrow + interest fees include homeownerʼs insurance, loan interest, real estate taxes + occasionally private mortgage insurance.
+ Q. HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO BUY A HOME?
A. Finding the perfect home comes down to your needs, your wants + the available market. Once weʼve discovered your perfect home, escrow typically takes 30 - 45 days in a normal sale.
+ Q. I’M SELLING MY HOME, HOW CAN I PREPARE?
A. Selling your home shouldnʼt be a stressful ordeal. By choosing a licensed REALTOR, you ensure that your investment in your home pays off. Our custom services + experience allow you to focus on your move while we manage your home sale
from the initial consultation all the way to closing escrow.
Hereʼs how we help:
- We complete a comparative market analysis to compare your homeʼs value to that of your neighbors. We take into account any improvements or renovations that would set your home apart from your neighbors as well as your home’s special nuances.
- We compile a comprehensive plan detailing all the efforts we will employ to sell your home — including internet marketing + local media.
- We present your home to as many qualified buyers as possible + give your home maximum exposure.
- We help you stage your home + generate curb appeal to ensure you get the highest price.
- We assist with obtaining offers + help you in negotiating the best deal as smoothly as possible.
- And of course, youʼll need somewhere to move! We help you find your next home + answer all of your questions about the local market area — from schools to neighborhoods to the local economy + more.
+ Q. I’M RELOCATING TO BAKERSFIELD. CAN YOU HELP ME?
A. Absolutely. We understand that moving to a new city involves more than finding a house you like. It means investigating schools + community activities. It means knowing how the growth in the community will affect your homeʼs resale value. It means feeling at home in a new place. We can help you feel at home wherever you go.
If you are moving outside of Bakersfield, whether it be out of city or out of state, not only can we help you sell your Bakersfield home, but weʼre also here to help connect you with a trustworthy + knowledgeable relocation specialist for your new neighborhood!
Some of our relocation partners include: Worldwide ERC, Brookfield Global Relocation Services, Altair Global, Cartus and USAA.
+ Q. I’M BUYING MY FIRST HOME. WHAT DO I NEED I KNOW?
A. Buying a home is an exciting time! Itʼs the beginning of a new chapter in your life. The first step is finding a licensed REALTOR to ensure that your new home + community meets your needs. You need someone who can connect you to the right mortgage lender, help you find the home that best suits you + your family + take care of all the details in between.
As your agent, we always have your back. Hereʼs how:
- We make sure that you see all the properties in the area that meet your criteria.
- We guide you through the entire home buying process. From finding + touring homes to deciding on the right neighborhood + closing escrow. Weʼre with you every step of the way.
- We make sure you donʼt pay too much for your new home + help you avoid costly mistakes!
- We answer all of your questions about the local market area — from schools to neighborhoods to the local economy + more.
Before you start looking for your new home we encourage you to:
- Determine a comfortable monthly budget for your new purchase.
- Find a loan that meets your needs + get pre-qualified.
- Determine what neighborhood best matches your needs.
- Identify important features youʼd like in your new home.